What was known as Snedekers and later Waldberg Landing was a principal shipping point on the Hudson River since colonial times.
North of the dock, the local brownstone quarry they called Redstone operated just below the Long Clove Road tunnel.
Along the river south of the dock, the Trap Rock business kept the dock busy.
Still a barge loading point well into the 20th century it was eventually donated to the Palisades Interstate Parks System.
Long ignored by the PIP, the dock and beach eventually got attention and by the late 1930’s, became a popular camping and swimming destination they called Redstone Dock.